Thursday, February 02, 2006

Renovating a Distracting Application

Man, applying for jobs and updating resumes is certainly a challenge when you've got an overtly helpful one year old sitting on your lap. Bas thought he could help me complete my Coles/Myer application by playing with the Ctrl and Fn keys while I typed and scrolled with the mouse. Even after I had asked him nicely a few times to stop playing with the laptop, he'd look at me mischieviously while casually pressing the Fn key several times. I was eventually forced to put him back on the floor to play with his toys (first distracting him with food) after he almost managed to lose all the information I'd just entered. I may have been just a tad nervous because of it.

The distraction didn't last for very long, and soon enough more explorations were begun. This time it was to get in early with his carpentry apprenticeship as he tried to help Patrick nail a few wallboards onto the dining room. A few more shuntings around the place and he eventually distracted himself with his toys and is now having the time of his life with a light switch of all things! Kids!

He's going to be joining us at a friends place for dinner tonight, so we shall see how he copes with Nachos. Of course, we'll be taking our own little something for the munchkin, but it'll be interesting to see if he can handle it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home